Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Summertime, and the livin is easy...

Today was the 21st day of my summer break, and I have spent a total of one of those days thinking about school - two if you count today and this moment right now. Good, right? Summer is for relaxation, right? Wrong. Not good. See, I'm about to make some really big changes. After four years of teaching first grade and a year of kindergarten (all at the same school), I am moving counties, schools, and grade levels. My new position? Fifth grade writing/ELA. So just a little, teeny-tiny change. ;) And I am SO excited. The only problem is that I don't have anything I'll need to teach this class. I was in a very happy/comfortable place in K/1, a place where I had what I needed, I knew what my centers and crafts and activities could be for teaching different skills and concepts, I had my little people furniture and supplies...and now I have nothing. So the next 40 days (only 40 days?!) are going to need to have a little bit of school focus, and I decided to start here. When I was first starting out in primary I found teacher blogs to be so incredibly helpful and inspiring, and now I'm on the hunt for some fifth grade teachers to stalk follow. Meanwhile, I'll be using this space to collect my thoughts and ideas and prepare myself for this leap!

Are you a fifth grade/secondary teacher? Do you have a blog? Leave me a comment so that I can stalk follow you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com